The Exodus Internship Programme is a fulltime, one year, placement for graduates or school leavers.
The progamme starts with a 2 day residential at the end of August and runs through to the end of the following August.
It is a great way to explore and develop gifts, see what it takes to organise events, care for volunteers and discover more about Disciple Making Youth Ministry.
What Would I Experience?
- A clear ministry role alongside a staff line manager and within one of our centres or departments.
- A wider variety of leadership, service and youth ministry opportunities including being part of an Exodus team.
- A training course on disciple making youth ministry with a range of other interns.
- Support from a trained and experienced mentor.
What Opportunities are Available?
We have different positions suitable for Christians with many gifts and personalities. Follow the links to get an idea of the specific roles and get in touch to talk about the opportunities for ministry and how they might shape the role to suit your gifts.
- North West; based in Derry,
- Lisburn Centre,
- Coleraine Centre,
- South Down and Louth; based in Newcastle,
- Communications & Creativity; based in Lisburn
How do I Join?
To be eligible for your first choice placement applications must be received before 5pm on Monday 1st May.
Interviews are then held with the aim of all applicants being contacted about the outcome before the end of May.
What is Expected of an Intern?
Interns have the potential to have a huge influence with the young people who are involved with Exodus. Those applying should be:
- Passionately pursuing a growing relationship with Jesus
- Enthusiastic about the vision of discipleship among young people
- Keen to learn and develop skills and abilities
- Organised, motivated and hard working
- Committed to the values of Exodus, namely:
- Abstaining from tobacco, alcohol and narcotic substances
- Actively encouraging young people to make wise lifestyle and entertainment choices
- Promoting the Biblical view that sexual intimacy is only to be expressed within marriage between a man and a woman.
How much does it Cost?
Interns are asked to contribute £250 to this year of investment in their lives, this can either be paid or fundraised with support from your church. This is required before the start of the internship in August.
What does an Intern Receive?
Interns receive all materials that relate to the programme and Exodus also pay the first £450 of a team personal contribution (enough to cover European destinations).
As a full time voluntary worker, you will be entitled to claim out of pocket expenses of up to £150 per month for commuting and meals consumed during your work. Some roles will also be eligible for a work mobile phone. Exodus do not provide interns with lodging or meals outside of working hours