The Exodus Internship is a one year programme, for graduates or school leavers with a local Exodus staff member.
It can be full-time or occassionally part-time and is a great way to develop gifts, learn ministry skills, understand disciple making to make a difference locally and globally.
2021 Early application deadline is Friday 14th May!
What will I Experience?
The progamme starts with a 2 day induction, the first of those days will be on Wednesday the 25th of August (Exodus North East @ 9:30am- 5pm) and the second induction day will be on Tuesday the 31st of August in Malone Presbyterian Church (Belfast @ 10am- 8:30pm). You will then serve in a specific ministry role alongside a staff line manager and within one of our centres or departments. Through this you will receive
- A variety of leadership, service and youth ministry opportunities including being part of an Exodus team.
- Support from a trained and experienced mentor.
- Development days with interns and parachurch staff from across Ireland.
- A chance to participate in our Intern Spring Adventure where you will lead a service project in Romania with the other Exodus Interns.
- Interns Together Conference Days (3 during year).
- I.C.E. (Exodus intern training days)
- Church placement (2-3 hours per week) in a local fellowship.
What is Expected of an Intern?
Interns have the potential to have a huge influence with the young people who are involved with Exodus. Those applying should be:
- Passionately pursuing a growing relationship with Jesus and enthusiastic to see others grow in faith.
- Determined to learn, grow and serve.
- Flexible and abkle to work in a team.
- Committed to the values of Exodus as set out in our Code of Conduct.
How much does it cost?
Interns are asked to contribute £450 to this year of investment in their lives, this can be paid or fundraised with support from your church. This is required before the start of the internship.
Interns who opt into the Interns Spring Adventure will be asked to pay a further £250 for this experience.
What does an Intern Receive?
- Interns will receive all materials that relate to the programme.
- Exodus also pay the first £450 of a team personal contribution (enough to cover European destinations).
- As a full time voluntary worker, you will be entitiled to claim out of pocket expenses of up to 150 per month for commuting and meals consumed during work. Exodus do not provide interns with lodging or meals outside of work hours.
How do I Join?
1) Check out the links below to decide which internship would best suit you depending on your gifting or location.
2) You can apply online from each page or get in touch to talk about the opportunities for ministry and how they might shape the role to suit you.
3) Apply by 5pm on 14th May 2021. (Those applying later than this will be considered but may find availability limited.)
4) Applicants will be shortlisted for interview.